Project Manager Assessment
Project Manager Assessment
Pick the right skill and Cultural Fit.
Project Management is a specialized effort undertaken to create a unique product, service or result. It necessitates the proper application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to one’s functionalities to meet projected requirements. Hence a Project Manager other than being technically qualified to assume such responsibility should also be adept in the skills of planning and executing a project to fruition.
Project Manager Assessment is one such tool that has been created for the expert purpose of evaluating and qualifying contenders for this specific profile. Our assessment addresses some of the key questions that arise in terms of hiring personnel such as:
- Does the candidate have the necessary skills to spearhead a team to successfully work together to achieve the desired results?
- Is the candidate capable of successfully carrying out a project within a stipulated period of time while ensuring optimum quality?
- Would the potential candidate have the necessary temperament to deal with group conflicts and other such highly stressful conditions?
- Does the potential candidate have the necessary communication skills required for tactfully convincing customers/clients as well as one’s team?
- Is the candidate capable of following a set of guidelines and complying with a string of commands?
- Is the candidate capable of working in coordination with a larger unit while keeping in tandem with one’s own targets?
Use this test for :
Project Manager Assessment fits you best if you are looking to:-
- Hire a project manager.Our assessment has been built on thorough market research that has helped derive both the basic skill set as well as the specialized qualities required for a potential candidate. Hence any candidate who is recommended through this assessment is bound to be well versed in group and team dynamics accompanied by a good level of business acumen.
- Accomplish a productive recruitment process in less time with little effort. Keeping in view the enormity of recruitments that our clients do, the assessment has been configured in such a way that multiple candidate reports can be generated once the test has been attempted. The assessments also have the advantage of being attempted from any device that can facilitate a basic internet connection.
- Follow a reliable and easy system of shortlisting eligible candidates from a pool/pipeline. Our assessments are accompanied with an extensive and highly reliable benchmarking procedure that is consistent with the industry’s standards as well as the respective client’s organizational standards. This not only creates a common field of reference but also increases the credibility of the entire testing procedure.
- Spot gaps in the competency level of the existing employees. Along with its utility as a reliable tool in recruitments, our Project Manager Assessment also helps identify gaps that indicate scope for training among the pre-existing lot of employees in the given designation.
Key profiles the test is useful for:
- Project Managers
- Department Heads
- Customer Service Manager
- Administrative Manager
|Number of sections||2|
|Number of questions||96|
|Test duration||35 minutes|
|Personality Profiler||Assesses the person’s behavioral competencies and is based on Big Five Model of Personality.|
|Customer Focus Test||Assesses the person’s mental make-up and ability to handle unseen situations through situational judgment questions.|
Test descriptions :
With a competency based approach to measuring the person’s potential, the assessment measures a person’s managerial and leadership skills and identifies his/her fitment in the pertaining role. The person’s eligibility is measured on the basis of 4 competencies and 19 sub competencies namely-
- Delivery Management (Result Orientation, Risk Management, Capable of working in a global environment, Responsible/ Accountable, Adaptability, Integrity/ Honesty, Ability to handle pressure)
- Quality Management (Detail Orientation/ Quality Management/ Control, Process Orientation)
- Client Management (Relationship Building, Problem Solving, Customer Service Orientation, Managing Stakeholders)
- People Management (Delegation of tasks, Team Building, Collaboration/Team Work, Coaching and Mentoring, Performance Monitoring and Feedback, Conflict Management)
Our quantitative and validated process analyzes your people, detailing each individual’s potential to become a top performer. Using this insight, we provide a practical roadmap that identifies the skills each individual must learn, the attributes they must develop, and the weaknesses they must overcome to achieve business development success.
Answer to common queries
What if a person takes a test in a socially desirable manner or manipulates or fakes the responses?
Utmost care has been taken to reduce the probability of individuals trying to present themselves in a socially desirable manner at every stage of the tool development. The following are some of the steps taken:
- The item format of the assessment – the ‘semantic differential’ format – was deliberately selected for the purpose of making it hard for candidates to guess the appropriate response and ‘fake’ in order to increase their scores. The items are presented in a format that requires the individual to consciously think about their preferences and then make a choice between two equally ‘desirable’ statements.
- Before beginning the assessment, the candidates are provided with information on the format of the assessment and are told to respond to the items according to their first reactions and not to overthink their responses. Guided by research showing the efficacy of ‘instructional warnings’ they are warned against faking and impression management and told that their assessment reports may be considered invalid if they distort their responses in dishonest ways.
- The tool identifies certain patterns of responding and indicates in the report, if the candidate has attempted to respond to the assessment in an appropriate or a socially desirable manner.
Can we determine the appropriate levels of behaviors required for a specific job role in an organization?
Yes, it is possible to do so for different job roles in your organization. We follow a scientifically valid method of determining the norms appropriate for each job role. Please write to email@example.com and we would be glad to assist.
Candidates who apply for jobs in my organization are very unique. Will your assessment still score them appropriately?
We have undertaken every effort to include a diverse and representative sample during assessment development. Despite this, every context might attract a specific kind of applicant. We do have options to optimize the assessment content and scoring for your context. Ask us about local validation and local norms and we would be glad to assist you with those steps.
Is it possible to map an organization’s competency framework to your assessments?
Yes, it is possible. We can build a customized assessment for your organization, taking into account your organization’s unique needs and accordingly determine the combination of behaviors that determine success in your organization’s context. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for such a request and we would be glad to work out a solution for you.
How do we determine the thresholds for the proficiency levels for a norm group?
The thresholds for the proficiency levels are based on the normal probability distribution of scores for a particular norm group.
How have norms been decided for MPP?
The data obtained from the sample used during tool development have been used to determine the norms for various behaviors. Additionally, the norms are being re-calculated periodically basis new data that is collected to ensure that they stay relevant and provide the most accurate information about a candidate. However, we can further determine the norms relevant for your organization through a validation exercise. Please write to email@example.com for further details.
What if the reports generated for the psychometric assessments differ from the actual behavior, attitude or aptitude of the person?
Human behavior is a projection of multiple psychological and environmental factors. So, any psychometric report should not be interpreted as a definitive predictor of a particular type of behavior. These reports should be integrated with all other sources of information in reaching professional decisions about the person. If you find any discrepancy in the reports from actual behavior of the person, always refer to the other environmental, physical and psychological factors driving that behavior. For the best combination of selection tools for your needs (i.e. psychometric assessment, job/functional tests, behavioural interviews, etc.) please reach out to us and our consultants would be happy to assist you.