“The Emotional Capitalists Leadership Program has proven to me that no matter how technically trained you are, and how well you know your business, without embracing emotional capitalism, you will never be the leader you aspire to be.” Greg Healy – CEO Quiksilver, Asia Pacific.
“Emotional intelligence is a vital part of what makes people effective in life. Whether in the workplace, at school, or in our personal lives, research shows that those who understand and manage emotions well tend to be more successful. And the good news: emotional intelligence is a skill you can learn! Emotional intelligence is the capacity for recognizing our own feelings and those of others, for motivating ourselves and for managing emotions well in ourselves and in our relationships” Daniel Goleman, Working with Emotional Intelligence.
Duration: 2 day Workshop
The workshop is designed to accelerate the practice of emotionally intelligent leadership. It examines the science of emotional intelligence (EQ) and the compelling business case for its relationship to leadership success. The workshop is designed to equip participants with the ten dynamic emotional skills that distinguish outstanding leaders from average ones.
As an intensely practical experience, the workshop remains sharply focused on the application and practice of the key strategies for building emotional intelligence. It breaks open the building blocks of effective leadership skills.
- Uncover the science behind emotional intelligence and emotional capital
- Learn the emotional and social skills that drive effective leadership
- Assess and build your own emotional intelligence and leadership skills
- Discover what emotional intelligence is and why it matters • Learn how to manage behaviors that hold you back from optimal performance
- Understand the key strategies for building and maintaining energy levels at work
- Develop more effective communication and influencing strategies • Learn how to leverage emotional strengths that build effective market driven relationships
- Emotional Capitalist workbook
- ECR report for each delegate
Emotional Capital Model of Emotional Intelligence
The Emotional Capital model of EQ identifies 10 key social & emotional competencies. By understanding the building blocks of each and practicing them consistently, anyone can improve their emotional intelligence.
Emotional Intelligence is at the heart of effective leadership
“As a leader, you inspire or demotivate others first by how effectively you manage your own emotional energy, and second by how well you mobilize, focus and renew the collective energy of the people you lead.
Developing global leaders with cultural sensitivities and collaborative skills requires greater focus on emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and empowerment than on traditional management skills.” Professor Bill George, Harvard Business School