What is the CPL?
The Certified Professional Leader is a program that uses a highly interactive approach to explore Leadership Development. By blending behavior theory, practical application, and personalized learning, participants are encouraged to develop their full potential as a leader and to become the kind of leader they always wanted to be. The Program’s applied approach combines behavior theory with business practice, as each section focuses on central concepts and skills in an important area of leadership development. It teaches concepts, principles, and skills of leadership in a way that is appropriate for both new and experienced leaders, as well as for the everyday person who must influence others to get things done.
- Builds leadership knowledge and skills
- Reflects professional achievement
- Enhances career opportunities and advancement; helps leaders achieve their full potential
- Increases self confidence
- Enhances leadership aspects of individual managers
- Confirms leadership competencies
- Demonstrates professional commitment
- Sets standards and benchmarks for managers and leaders
- Helps build an open and cooperative company culture
- Helps eliminate fear of failure
CPL Exam & Certification
- The three CPL exams coincide with content covered in the CPL study manuals.
- The exams are comprised of multiple-choice questions that test knowledge, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Each exam has 100 multiple choice questions and has a two hour time limit
- Please note it’s a closed book exam, mobile phones or notes are not allowed.
- New CPL’s receive a CPL certificate.
- They are entitled to use the title “Certified Professional Leader” and the registered CPL title designation, i.e. John Smith, CPL.
Module One: THE IMPORTANCE OF LEADERSHIP
- What is leadership
- Personalizing leadership
- Satisfactions and frustrations of leaders
- Caring leadership
- Leadership in the work setting
- Nine key areas of leadership
- The leadership equation
- Leadership qualities
- Characteristics of followers
- Situational factors
The Power of Vision
- The importance of vision
- The motive to lead
- Organizational climate
The Importance of Ethics
- Leadership ethics
- The role of values
- Ethics at work
Module Two: LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES
- Effective leadership
- Human relations
- The team concept
- Human behaviour
- The art of persuasion
- The diversity challenge
- Leadership authority
- Empowerment in the workplace
- The quality imperative
Module Three: OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE
- Effective delegation
- How to assign work
- The role of personality
- The leader as teacher
- Helping others through change
- Burnout prevention
- Managing performance
- Professional performance
- Sustaining discipline