What is CBL?
The Certified Business Leader Program is a professional training program sponsored by the International Institute of Leadership Studies (the IILS). The CBL Program develops and enhances general management skills and prepares individuals to take the CBL Certification exams.
Leadership is vitally important in organizations today. The world is changing so fast that many organizations and even countries are getting left behind because they do not have true leadership. There is a scarcity of leadership in the world. Organizations have too few leaders.
We need leaders who can be role models and be willing to develop the leaders of tomorrow and not hold on to their power, but share it.
We need leaders who have vision and can inspire that vision in others. Those who can put that picture of the future that is in their mind into the mind of their followers.
We need leaders who will remove the obstacles out of the path of their followers and develop them – not trip them up.
We need leaders who are not afraid to ask the difficult questions. Those who challenge convention and do not always accept the status quo.
We need leaders who can create an environment that people want to work in; an environment where autonomy, feedback, job significance and job identity are the order of the day. Where employees feel welcome, wanted and valued for whom they are for and what they contribute.
- Builds management knowledge and skills
- Reflects professional achievement
- Enhances career opportunities and advancement; helps managers achieve their full potential
- Increases self-confidence and helps eliminate fear of failure
- Enhances leadership aspects of individual managers
- Confirms management competencies
- Demonstrates professional commitment
- Sets standards and benchmarks for managers
- Helps build an open and cooperative company culture
CBL Exam and Certification:
- Certification is Achieved by passing three (3) online exams based on three separate training modules.
- Each exam focuses on the material in the specific module and consists of one hundred (100) multiple-choice questions.
- The questions are primarily behavior based, so a good understanding of the material is required to pass.
- Exams are timed and administered through our online partner – the Center for Leadership Certification TM (CLC).
Module One: The Pillars of Leadership
Part One: Leadership Now
- Building a Sustainable Organization
- Ethics and Leadership Today
- Contemporary Management
- The mind and the human aspects of Leadership
Part Two: The dynamics of people
- The challenge of working in a multicultural society
- Communication in Leadership
Part Three: Growth and Progress
- Growth Strategies – the world is flat again
- Growth through innovative Leadership
- Money makes the world go round, but where does it come from
Module Two: The Road map for Leaders
Part One: Setting objectives, Strategy and Planning
- Strategic Planning: the Leader as a Strategist
- Strategic Planning Model; Strategy fills the gap
- Expansion Strategies: the world on our doorstep
- Decisions: the leadership advantage
- Making the most of meetings
Part Two: making the optimum use of resources
- Who does what?
- Charting the organization
- Leading Teams
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Strategic manpower management and HR
Part Three: project Management
- Introduction to PM
- The basics of project management
- Planning a project
- Implementing a plan
- Monitoring performance
Module Three: What it takes to be a leader.
Part One: Leading People
- Principles of Motivation
- Coaching and mentoring
- Empowerment and delegation
- Leadership Tension and conflict control
Part Two: Guiding ourselves and our activities
- Proactively implementing and monitoring change
- Managing our activities or time management
- Stress Management
- Building our Emotional Intelligence
Part Three: Setting Performance Standards
- Organizational performance
- Financial controls and measurements
- Operational Controls and measurements
- Leadership Control